As the peak body for playgroups throughout Queensland, Playgroup Queensland supports children and families through a diverse suite of services including playgroup, parenting and therapy activities, early intervention and care programs.
Playgroup Queensland is one of the State's largest providers of services to families with over 1,000 community playgroups registered supporting in excess of 14,000 families and 17,000 children under 5 years. As a state wide service, programs and activities are held in metropolitan, regional, rural and isolated Queensland with approximately one million individual attendances each year.
Playgroup Queensland is active in a range of state and national programs to assist vulnerable families and families living in crisis. Playgroup Queensland's Sing and Grow Music Therapy Program is now delivered in over 120 communities nationally and supports disadvantaged parents and families.
Playgroup Queensland is funded by both the Australian Government and Queensland Government, however a majority of funds are raised locally through corporate giving, donations and fundraising activities. Families attending community playgroups also pay a small annual membership fee to offset costs.
To listen to, support and empower communities, families and children.
Be the respected leader in innovative and quality Playgroup Programs and Services.
At Playgroup QLD we value:
- Play, learning and fun for children and families
- The role of parents, families and communities in the wellbeing of children
- Accessibility, connectedness and empowerment for families and communities
- Collaboration and acceptance of diversity and differences
- Integrity, unity, empathy and respect for others
- Being inclusive of all families including those who are most vulnerable
Meet the Playgroup Queensland Board of Management