Following the latest government advice, all non-essential gatherings both indoors and outdoors are to be put on hold until further notice.
For the health and safety of our playgroup community, we request ALL playgroups suspend sessions immediately. Please join us on social media to share play at home ideas and ways to support each other via our online community.
How can we support each other and stay connected?
Playgroup Queensland will continue to support our families through our digital communications. We encourage families to stay connected through social media, messaging apps, phone calls and emails. Consider creating an online playgroup experience to read stories, play music, enjoy playdough, share craft creations and share day-to-day play discoveries.
Our employees are working on providing a range of ways for playgroup families to connect with each other “virtually”. To join in the fun, connect with us on social media or via our websites to join the fun.
Ways to help children understand the importance of good hygiene
- Reinforce good hygiene by leading by example!
- Make hand washing fun through a sing-a-long or sensory play.
- Talk to your children about COVID-19 in terms they understand. You could even read your child a book like Birdie and the Big Sickness by Andrea Baldwin and Anil Tortop.
- DON’T panic!
- Encourage play, music and movement. It is a great distractor and mood lifter.
- If you can go safely outside, take a walk around your neighbourhood and simply enjoy the sunshine and the short time getting back to nature.
Please remember today’s information may change tomorrow as government and health advice is reviewed and updated. This is an unprecedented situation for all of us, so please continue to be kind to each other. Look after yourself and your loved ones and don’t forget to check in on your playgroup community. Join us on social media to stay up to date as things evolve. Together we can play, share, connect and grow!
For the latest and most accurate updates, please refer to the following websites: