DRESS UP DAY: 23 - 27 October 2017
Each year Playgroup Queensland celebrates Dress Up Day. Playgroups are encouraged to hold a celebration during their playgroup session and invite local community members and families to attend. These celebrations encourage playgroup families and members of the community to dress up and raise awareness of their own playgroup.
This year’s theme for Dress Up Day is When I grow up. Get your little ones involved by discussing what they want to be when they grow up and either create a new costume for the occasion or stick with the tried and tested from the dress up box.
Kids love dressing up and there is research to suggest there are benefits associated with this method of play. Early childhood experts refer to dressing up as a form of Pretend Play! It has been recognised as an important learning tool for building confidence, role playing and exploring imagination.
Interested? Register your playgroup to hold a Dress Up Day event and you will automatically receive a Dress Up Day resource kit containing dress up ideas, activities and tips for FREE!
SUNSHINE COAST EVENT:
Mons Playgroup Centre (Buderim) will be holding a Dress Up Day event on 26 October 2017 from 10-12pm.
The event will feature:
- Casper Jumping Castle
- Cheeky Little Monkeys Soft Play Mobile Party Hire
- Face painting
- Story time with Sunshine Coast Libraries
- Children's activities
- A mum’s & bubs Play Stars chill out zone.
There will also be a raffle, sausage sizzle, cold drinks & cup cakes available for purchase.
To attend you must register through the link below:
Why else should your playgroup take part in Dress Up Day?
- You will go into the draw to win a $250 Crayola voucher for your playgroup if you register by 20th October 2017.
- Encourage your families to take a photo of their children in costume and upload to Instagram or Facebook with the hashtag #PGQdressupday by the 3rd November 2017 and you could win! Refer to Terms and Conditions.
- Grow your playgroup by inviting friends, local families and community members and encourage them to dress up. This is a great opportunity to find new families to join your playgroup, especially those families who have joined us through Play Stars – our initiative of offering families of newborns 12 months’ free membership.
Proudly supporting the 2017