Bathing The Baby
Use a variety of multicultural dolls to encourage conversation about different cultures. Talk the children through the process; however, let them do as much as they can on their own before you offer help. Use anatomically correct dolls and don’t be afraid to discuss in simple terms the differences between girls and boys. Great activity for a hot day! Children develop dispositions for learning such as curiosity, cooperation, confidence, creativity, commitment, enthusiasm, persistence, imagination and reflexivity.
- Water tray
- Pump soap
1. Fill the water tray with water and soap.
2. Unfold a towel beside the tray and position the nappy and clothes close by.
3. Lay the baby doll next to the tray on the towel.
4. Undress the doll and ask children if they would like to bath a baby.
5. Help the child bath, towel dry and dress the baby doll.
Extension of the activity
- Do you have a brother or sister?
- What do you use to wash yourself in the bath?
- What do we do after we wash the baby?
- Okay, now we need to put the baby’s nappy on would you like some help?