Accessible Playgroup Initiative
The Accessible Playgroup Initiative is a 10-year program delivered to 60 weekly playgroup sites across Queensland. For 12 months, trained facilitators deliver playgroups in disadvantaged, vulnerable and marginalised communities before helping them transition into a Community Playgroup or the Playgroups in School program.
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families
- Culturally and Linguistically Diverse families
- Refugee families
- Young parents
- LGBTIQ families
- Families with a history of mental health
- Isolated families
- Low income families
- Prepares children for formal schooling.
- Connects families with local services.
- Empowers families to contribute to the progress of their local communities.
- Builds their parental confidence.
- Addresses areas of concern of the local Australian Early Development Census data.
- Provides a culturally safe learning environment.
- Provides a safe and accessible space for services (e.g., health) to attend.
For more information, please call Playgroup Queensland on 1800 171 882.
The Queensland Government Office for Early Childhood and Education.
Playgroup Queensland acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of the Land on which we work and live, and recognises their continuing connection to land, waters and community. We pay our respect to them and their cultures; and to Elders past, present and emerging.