Connect and Grow
Connect and Grow is a free two hour, nine-week program run during school term time using a playgroup format. The program is delivered by a facilitated facilitator and uses elements from three evidence-based programs – the Abecedarian Approach Australia (3a), Have Fun Be Healthy and Sing&Grow. The program aims to help families connect to their local communities and experience and participate in play while supporting that parent’s capacity and capability through play.
The program is delivered in Rockhampton in Central Queensland to families with children aged 0-five.
Participating in Connect and Grow helps you and your child:
- experience physical play through games and music
- gain an understanding of play activities that support development and well-being
- develop or enhance parental capacity through play
- support attachment between parent and child
- information on healthy food choices
- complimentary Playgroup Queensland membership
- access to Playgroup Queensland playgroups.
Communities for Children Facilitating Partner Initiative Capricorn is funded by the Australian Government and facilitated by The Smith Family.