Over the past decade, Playgroup Queensland has partnered with a range of community organisations and schools to establish 29 MyTime groups throughout the state. MyTime helps families and the community raise healthy happy children and is the first nationally funded program of its kind in the world where the focus is on the carer. The MyTime program also has a strong parent education component and aims to strengthen the capacity of the whole community to support parents of children with disabilities.
MyTime provides support for mothers, fathers, grandparents and carers who look after a child with a disability or chronic medical condition. MyTime focuses on the carer by giving them time to look after their own needs, gain confidence and form friendships with other carers raising children with disabilities.
- 64 hours a year of facilitated support while children are cared for by a play helper.
- Meet with parents/carers with similar experiences.
- Connect with local community to be better informed when choosing support services.
- Access to guest speakers, coffee catch ups and pampering sessions.
- Reduce isolation and foster relationships.
- Provide a platform for under school-aged siblings to access meaningful play activities.
To discuss a MyTime partnership with Playgroup Queensland, contact us on 1800 171 882.
MyTime is funded by the Australian Government’s Department of Social Services and nationally coordinated by the Parenting Research Centre.