Play is for everyone! It is how we learn and grow. Playgroup provides a safe place for families to play, make new friends and have fun. Everyone should feel like they can join and belong to a playgroup.
We recognised a need to empower those families impacted by disabilities, providing a place to share and belong. Through the initiative, we are able to provide opportunities for more families to experience the benefits of playgroups, and raise awareness through inclusive play events, and provide support to overcome playgroup participation barrirs.
– Supports families that may find connecting with a playgroup difficult, because their child needs extra support.
– Provides information, resources and training for mainstream playgroups to become more inclusive.
Who can be referred?
Children aged 0 – 6 with a disability or developmental delay. A formal diagnosis is not required.
Why might I connect with PlayTogether?
– You or your child has additional needs or a disability.
– You are looking for a welcoming and safe playgroup for your family.
What can PlayTogether do?
PlayTogether can provide individual family support so that you can enjoy your playgroup experience and access the services you need.
– connect you to a playgroup that meets your family’s strengths and needs.
– provide you with information on play activities to support your child to play and engage.
– provide you with information on community and disability services for further support.
– work with a playgroup so that they can support you.
Why might we connect with PlayTogether?
– An inclusive playgroup benefits all children and families to develop a supportive community.
PlayTogether can provide playgroups with information, resources and training to support inclusion of all children and families, especially those with additional needs or a disability.
– provide information on how to set up the playgroup environment and modify play activities.
– work with playgroups to support families with a child that has additional needs.
– connect playgroups with local resources and services.
This program provides support to families and playgroups in the Sunshine Coast region.
Our program officers are based in:
Sunshine Coast Playgroup Hub
1 Mons School Road,
Phone: (07) 5453 4938
This project is delivered in Partnership with Playgroup Australia and funded by the Australian Department of Social Services.